Wednesday 26 June 2013

Everyday Make-Up Routine ♥

Hiya my lovely dolls!


Firstly, I would like to say sorry, it feels like I haven't posted in a while! Just over a week! Ahh.. I've been somewhat busy and have been working on one post all week due to not having enough time to just sit down and do it in one go! But I finally got time today to finish off my 'Everyday Make-Up Routine' and I will be posting another one either today or tomorrow to make up for it!
Sorry again, and I hope you enjoy reading this post!


So earlier this week I was tagged by my good friend Tori from Tori Brownies (check her out here) to do the famous "How much does my face cost" tag which is currently circulating all around the blogging world! I'm having second thoughts about this as the thought of is giving me mini heart attacks - okay not really! However, despite my worries, I have agreed to take on the challenge!

However, I thought I'd tell you about my daily make up routine first, before doing the tag so you guys have a rough idea of the products I use on a daily basis and why I use them!

I would say up until last year or so, I wasn't really a makeup crazy kinda gal, I only wore a tinsy bitsty amount of concealer, eyeliner, and a little bit of blusher! However, over the year I have begun to build my make-up collection and wear more than I ever used to. I guess as we grow up, we realise the magic of makeup and try to create the best version of ourselves, and although I probably haven't reached the peak of my make-up days, I am slowly learning the tricks in makeup to look my best! 

So lets start!




My everyday look is very natural with a more dramatic eye. I keep my lips and face as natural as possible in terms of colour and the amount of make up I apply, but I then have a bolder eyeliner. I personally prefer the dewy, natural glow look rather than the matte finish. I don't wear eye shadow on a daily basis just because in the mornings I don't usually have the time or the effort to apply it. I also don't wear mascara - but lucky for me I have naturally long eyelashes!  






After washing and moisturising my face, I use Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Touch under my eyes to brighten up the area. This product is absolutely Amazing! Every good thing that you've probably heard about it - is true! I use the original number 1, which is suitable for everyone regardless of your skin tones, this product is made to adapt and work the exact same on everyone. It seriously is the perfect highlighter! I use the product for any dark areas which I may have (such as under the eyes) and any high points on my face (such as my cheekbones). This product is very lightweight  yet has excellent coverage. There are so many ways to this magic wand! 

 I then use Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick. For me, I don't like liquid foundations, I personally feel that liquid foundations are too thick which makes me feel uncomfortable and feel as if my skin can't breath. So I prefer to have a lightweight foundation which still has good coverage and gives me a dewy finish. The award-winning foundation stick from Bobby Brown is the perfect match for me! It covers any blemishes I may have, gives me a even tone and due to it's creamy texture gives me a glow. I apply the foundation in Natural Tan all over my face, apart from the area under my eyes (this is because I want to keep that are as light as possible)  using the Bobby Brown flat foundation brush. Despite me being Indian, my skin tone is so pale! My family all literally call me a ghost! So this colour for me is perfect as it gives me a subtle tanned look without looking orange! To enhance the tanned, glowing look and minimize my ghostly complexion I use Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Bronze to add depth and warmth. I use it on my cheekbones and a small amount on the temples of my head and on my jawline - This is a shimmer based bronze and therefore only use a small amount on these areas. (However, I am definitely on the search for a good matte bronzer to contour with so if you any recommendations please let me know!)



I then move on to my eyeliner, for an everyday look I prefer to do have a cat-eye or flicked eyeliner. Some people may think this is too much for an everyday look, but I love my eyeliner and could honestly not live without my flick! A good eyeliner for me is essential! So when I was on the hunt, I had two main priorities - number one, one that does not move during the day and number two, one which is the darkest black! The answer for me is the Mac Fluidline Gel Eyeliner in Blacktrack. I have to embarrassingly admit that the other day I did fall asleep without taking my make up off! *shyface* Yes I admit to breaking the number one makeup rule! But I know I'm not the only one - we've all done it at least once in our make-up lifetime! Especially after a night out when all you want to do is curl up in bed and sleep! So, although a very bad habit which I did very much regret the next day, I did learn a very valuable lesson - This eyeliner no matter what does not budge! I woke up and my eyeliner looked the exact same as when I just applied it! (Hopefully, that's saying a lot about the product and not about how I apply my eyeliner!). Although the eyeliner could be a denser black, with a gel liner there is that charcoal effect - However, the charcoal black for me is still very dark which I can settle for. One more plus! It's so easy to apply and literally just glides across your eyelid! 





Next are my cheeks! I have recently been using two products which I switch from, depending on what I'm wearing or what I'm feeling. So I either use the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Rose which is a very girl pink and gives a great shine to enhance that 'not-so natural glow' finish, or I use Mac Sheertone Blush in Breath of Plum which is a darker pink/plum colour. 




I have a massive problem with wearing lipsticks! I ALWAYS lick my lips! Which means my lipsticks do not actually last a long time on my lips - such an annoying habit as I love lipsticks. But I always feel that my lips are dry - even when they're not. I'll even put Vaseline on top of my lipsticks to prevent them drying out but I'll still end up somehow licking away my lipstick! The saying "old habits die hard " is the perfect one for this case! However, despite the rivalry with my habit my go-to lip colours are either a coral or natural pink. I use either Estee Lauder Signature in Portofino Coral which I would usually cover with Vaseline or Benefit Lip Stain/Tint  in PosieTint which is great, as it is a lip stain it's perfect for my never-ending lip habit by staying on much longer than a lipstick. To line my lips I use Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipliner in Energized which is a 'citrus coral' colour. This lipliner is perfect for me as it can be used for both the lip products I use on a daily basis.  


Hope you enjoyed reading my daily makeup routine for right now.
Stay tuned for the 'how much does my face cost tag!'

Don't forget to comment and follow! :) 

Reema xoxo

6 comments:

  1. The Bobbi Brown products look so lovely!I've never tried that brand, might have to give it a go ;) For bronzers try Nars Laguna, Sleek Contour Kit or Benefit Hoola Bronzer :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great, you can use just the top white as a highlighter as well - the bronze gives just a great glow too! I've heard of sleek contour kit before - might have to try it out soon! x

      Delete
  2. You should try the Kevyn aucoin sculpting powder! It's pricy but the most beautiful matte bronzer xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have so many options to choose from now! x

      Delete
  3. The Chanel Bronzer is amazing. Its a matte bronzer with a specs of gold in it.
    So beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, it sounds amazing! If it's not too costly I might have to just try it! haha x

      P.S Thank you for the follow - it means a lot! :) x

      Delete